Geographically, the largest CID in Georgia, Gwinnett Village is leading a wide range of forward leaning projects. Position reports directly to Executive Director and entails responsibility for initiating, managing, and funding plans and projects of the CID in coordination with local and regional partners. Works in partnership with the Executive Director to promote Economic Development and advance the goals of the CID. Manage all studies, design projects, and construction projects. This includes initiation of bids and proposals, day to day coordination with consultants, bimonthly updates on projects to the Executive Director, and final approval of projects.
- Provide monthly project reports to the Board of Directors.
- Initiation of recommendations of plans, studies, and design projects.
- Assist the Executive Director with tracking of project expenses and reimbursement requests.
- Coordinate with Executive Director on SPLOST project selection and management of SPLOST expenditures.
- Research and development of grants for projects. This could possibly entail requests for project donations from property owners (including donation of ROW).
- Point of contact with Atlanta Regional Commission, including attendance at Quarterly LCI meetings and other relevant committees.
- Initiation and coordination of land use recommendations to Gwinnett County Department of Planning and Zoning including overlays.
- Initiation and coordination of code enforcement issues within the district with the Quality of Life Unit (Gwinnett County Police). This includes residential and commercial properties.
- Cooperation with Executive Director, Gwinnett County, Gwinnett Chamber of Commerce on Economic Development of the area.
- Cooperation with Executive Director on outreach and public relations activities, including meetings and speaking engagements.
- Serve as CID representative for groups such as the Council for Quality Growth, Gwinnett Economic Development Coalition, and the Southwest Gwinnett Chamber.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with Gwinnett County, Georgia Department of Transportation, Atlanta Regional Commission, City of Norcross, City of Peachtree Corners, and property owners within the Gwinnett Village boundaries.
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
- 5+ years of experience in planning, engineering, or related field A Bachelor’s degree in planning, engineering or related area of study
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills Ability to work independently, prioritize projects and display a high level of organization
- The CID is an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Salary & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package as well as a creative work environment.
How to Apply
We invite qualified candidates to be submit a cover letter and detailed resume to be considered for the key role of Program / Project Manager on our team. The cover letter should, at a minimum, highlight your success in partnering with public agencies and grant writing or development of funding for projects. Submittals should be emailed to email@example.com.