- This event has passed.
Georgia Cargo Theft Intelligence Group (GCTIG) to Hold April 8 Investigations Meeting
April 8 @ 10:00 am - 11:00 am
You are invited to attend the GCTIG meeting on Thursday, April 8, at 10 a.m. either in person at the Snellville Police Department, 2315 Wisteria Drive SW in Snellville, or by Zoom to discuss active cargo theft investigations and strategies. Please see the following for Zoom login details and the meeting agenda:
Topics of Discussion
- Multi-jurisdiction warehouse theft investigation results in two arrests and recoveries in metro Atlanta.
- Fulton Industrial area continues to be a hot spot for recent cargo theft.
- New investigation launched into 8 brokered loads that were not delivered and delivery receipts forged. Trucking company based in Georgia.
- A full container load of rugs still missing out of DeKalb County (Moreland Ave. Lot)
- $1 million load of computers stolen in Tennessee with Georgia connection.
- Pilferage thefts continue to be a problem (Ollie’s load possible AC Units, Gaming Chairs, Etc.)
- Rental box truck theft ring (excess of $1 Million) has been active for a couple of years. Multiple suspects have been identified as active arrest warrants issued.
With over 50 years of combined law enforcement and corporate investigations experience, the GCTIG provides professional security consulting and investigation services to private businesses, insurance companies and the transportation industry. In partnership with organizations such as National Cargo and Security Councils, State and Local Law Enforcement Task Forces and Transportation Security Directors, the GCTIG provides training and intelligence to members on a monthly basis to discuss recent trends, losses, suspects and active investigations.